Controller responsible for data processing
Your personal data is processed by the following controller:
- Wincasa AG
- Providers of website and online channel services, particularly:
- Google Ireland Limited, Ireland
- Matomo, InnoCraft Ltd, New Zealand
- Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, Ireland
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Ireland
- Vimeo.com, Inc., USA
- Twitter International Unlimited Company, Ireland
- OpenStreetMap Foundation, UK.
You can find the privacy policies for providers of website and online channel services on the websites for these providers. Wincasa AG has no control over these privacy policies and cannot provide any information on the data processing operations carried out by such providers.
The contact details for data protection are as follows:
8400 Winterthur, Switzerland
Personal data is processed in accordance with Swiss law (particularly the Federal Act on Data Protection, FADP).
Categories of personal data processed
We process the following categories of personal data:
- Data that concerns you personally (e.g. personal master data, names, language preferences)
- Contact details (e.g. addresses, emails and telephone numbers)
- Content data (e.g. text input)
- Usage data (e.g. websites and features you visit, interest in content, times and place of access)
- Metadata and communication data (e.g. device and system information, IP addresses)
- Other details and information provided by you (particularly via contact forms).
We process your personal data for the purpose of concluding or processing the lease with your landlord.
We process your personal data to safeguard our overriding interests and your landlord’s overriding interests. This includes the following purposes:
- To display websites
- To operate online channels
- To secure interactions with you
- For communication and communication tracking
- IT testing/IT development
We also process your personal data for non-personal purposes, particularly for statistics.
We process your personal data only for the purposes you have consented to, such as
- Marketing and advertising
- Tracking via cookies (excluding necessary cookies).
Categories of personal data recipients
Your personal data is shared with the following categories of controllers:
- Your landlord
- (Third-party) management companies (e.g. Verit, Naef, etc.), if such companies are used. Wincasa AG will provide details regarding their identity and contact details on request.
Your personal data is shared with the following categories of order processors:
- IT solution providers such as GARAIO REM AG, Jarowa AG, streamnow ag, IDnow GmbH, Microsoft Schweiz GmbH, Pidas Aktiengesellschaft, UMB AG, Elca Informatik AG, Inacta AG, Arcplace AG and Tilbago AG
- Companies involved in property management for the rental property.
- Any direct or indirect buyers of the rental property
- General IT providers and IT service providers.
Where will your data be processed and stored?
Your personal data is processed in Switzerland, in the member states of the EU and the EEA and in the United Kingdom.
The adequate level of data protection in these countries is based on statements issued by the Federal Council.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- Right of access: you are entitled to be informed about what personal data about you we process.
- Right to rectification: you are entitled to have your incorrect personal data rectified.
- Right to erasure: you are entitled to demand that your personal data is erased.
- Right to withdraw your consent: you are entitled to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data disclosure or transmission: you are entitled to demand that your personal data is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format or transmitted to you.
- Notification in the event of a data breach: if there is a data breach, we will notify you if this is required to protect you, or if the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner requires us to do so.
Your rights may be restricted.
You can use the following addresses to contact the company’s data protection officer to exercise your rights:
[email protected] or Theaterstrasse 17, 8400 Winterthur, Switzerland.
Last updated: February 2023